Date Posted: August 1, 2018
Employment: Full Time Employment, 35 hrs / wk
devEdge Internet Marketing is small but mighty. We deliver full-service Internet marketing and web development to small and mid-sized companies across North America. Headquartered in the booming and family-friendly WestShore (Langford) of Victoria, BC, we’re looking for someone like you to join our growing team.
Clients have accepted over 15,000 qualified leads since our agency began in September 2012. We combine powerful web technology with ethical Internet marketing practices to create lasting results. Our practices include SEO, web design & development, PPC, Social Media, Email Marketing, Content Marketing, Data Analysis, and Conversion Rate Optimization.
It’s all about generating high-quality leads for our clients and enjoying every minute of it together. Individuals who wish to work here have to believe in a data driven approach to marketing and possess an innate passion for lifelong learning. You research, you practice, and you make things happen.
Get into a growing & fast-paced company on the ground-floor. devEdge Internet Marketing is a home-office business (we’ve taken over the founder’s basement suite). We are profitable and looking to expand our technical capabilities with your expertise.
At our core, we are an Internet marketing agency and additional skills in SEO, copywriting, advertising, digital analysis & testing, and/or social media are welcomed. In fact, you must be eager to expand your expertise as our small business will rapidly change the skillset required of you.
Responsibilities will include:
- PHP web development including custom contact forms, custom WordPress development including themes and plugins, landing pages, and custom PHP-based systems
- Performing database updates and backups (mostly with MySQL)
- Mobile Responsive website development
- Maintaining & Troubleshooting websites (mostly on WordPress, but not exclusively)
- Communicating with clients on requirements and documenting your work
- Implementation of Google Analytics, Tags, tracking/conversion codes, and other 3rd party system integration
- Maintain rigorous code testing and software backup standards per company regulations
- Staying up to date with modern web technologies and spearheading new technical initiatives
Additional responsibilities may include:
- Search Engine Optimization
- Google Ads campaign management
- Graphics Design
- Initiating web page split testing (A/B/n testing or MVT)
- Social Media updates, posting, and campaign management
- Email marketing management and configuration, and building HTML email templates
- Self-motivated and like to see your work improve client businesses
- A Person with a Positive “can-do” attitude – you are resourceful and relentless in finding solutions
- Willing to learn new skills and to think in new ways about web development
Your skillset already includes:
- PHP 5.6+ & PHP 7+
- HTML and CSS
- Diploma, Degree, or Certificate in a related field (computer science, programming, web development, Internet marketing) OR 2 years of industry working experience
- WordPress development and maintenance
- Knowledge of Apache, MySQL, Domain Name Servers, and other server-side configuration
- Relaxed people skills – capable of answering phones and providing customer service
It’s a bonus if you have:
- React.js, Vue.js, Angular 2, or some Progressive Web App experience/knowledge
- Experience with the Genesis Framework for WordPress
- Skills with Drupal and other CMS that aren’t WordPress
- Knowledge of Internet marketing practices such as conversion rate optimization (CRO), SEO, PPC, persuasive copywriting, social media marketing, and/or email marketing
- GIMP or Photoshop skills
- Google Ads Certification
How to Apply
Please send resume and cover letter via our online application form.